MY SAFARI CLUB TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated June 2021
Terms & Conditions
Thank you for joining mySafari Club. It’s great to have you as our valued member.
My Safari Club is Safari Group’s Loyalty program. These Terms and Conditions govern your participation as a member of mySafari Club. You should read them carefully.
These Terms and Conditions are effective from the date of their publication on mysafaricard.com. Safari Hypermarket may change any of these Terms and Conditions, as well as the operation or Benefits of mySafari Club, at any time. While prior notice of changes to these Terms and Conditions may not always be possible due to operational or other considerations, Safari Hypermarket will endeavor to give you reasonable notice of any material changes.
The following terms used in these Terms and Conditions shall have the meaning set out below, unless the context requires otherwise:
Joining My Safari Club
- Account means the membership account assigned to a Main Member.
- Award means a Benefit that Safari Hypermarket or one of its Partners makes available to Members in exchange for mySafari Points (as applicable).
- safarihypermarket.com means the Safari Hypermarket website pages, as amended from time to time, at safarihypermarket.com.
- mySafari Points means the redeemable credits earned by a Member and credited to an Account.
mySafari Points expiry date means twelve (12) months from the date of accrual.
Earning My Safari Points
- Subject to local laws where applicable individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over may apply for membership as a Main Member by completing an application form on mySafaricard.com, mySafari mobile application or through selected Partners. Membership is not available for corporate entities, partnerships, associations or other groups.
By applying for membership, you are required to agree to these Terms and Conditions. Membership is granted at the sole discretion of Safari Hypermarket.
Safari Hypermarket may refuse membership to any applicant, in case of the failure to comply with Terms and Conditions.
Safari Hypermarket will assign a Membership Number to each Member. Your membership is not transferable and you may not hold more than one (1) Account. If Safari Hypermart identifies that you hold more than one (1) Account, it will merge your Accounts and transfer your mySafari Points and into the merged account (less any duplicated mySafari Points bonuses arising from the same activity). Safari Hypermarket will then close your other Account(s). Safari Hypermarket will merge duplicate accounts, at its sole discretion.
- Safari Hypermarket requests your consent to receive transactional, informational and marketing communications (e.g. redemptions and a statement of account or offers, news and updates from mySafari Club, Safari Hypermarket or our Partners) by SMS, email or social media channels when you apply for membership of mySafari Club. You may also provide consent subsequent to your enrolment in mySafari Club. Safari Hypermarket will send all mySafari Club related information to the most recent mobile no. that you have notified to it in relation to your Account. You may withdraw your consent at any time in writing to Safari Hypermarket, by logging into your Membership Account or by any other means for withdrawing consent made available by Safari Hypermarket from time to time.
- We reserve the right to audit a Member's account and records without notice to the Member to check for compliance with these Terms and Conditions, any Partner’s terms and conditions and any other applicable rules, regulations or terms and conditions.
Missing My Safari Points
- You earn mySafari Points for purchase done at Safari Hypermarket & Safari Mobile Shop.
- Safari Hypermarket will only credit mySafari Points to your Account after you have completed purchase.
You will not earn mySafari Points for any redemption activity done against your mySafari Club loyalty currency.
In case of any refunds all accrued mySafari Points against refunded product/service, will be debited from members account.
How to spend your My Safari Points
You are responsible for ensuring that your mySafari Points have been properly credited to your Account. You can check your accrued points on mySafari App. From your mobile. Last transaction details can be viewed at the Kiosk available in all safari outlets.
- If mySafari Points and/or (if applicable) for a purchase with Safari Hypermarket are not credited to your Account, you may submit a claim for the missing mySafari Points at customer service desk with original purchase bill.
Promotions and Surveys
mySafari Club Members, can redeem mySafari Points on their next purchase after points are accrued. You can choose to use them yourself or redeem for any other individual of your choice.
- In order to redeem mySafari club points, members must be present at Safari Hypermarket, with their original Qatar ID and should present their mySafari club card in my Safari mobile application. We may deny redemption if we find any mismatch of information provided by the member.
Limit of liability
- Safari Hypermarket may send you electronic communications (SMS, email, push notifications or social media etc.) regarding your mySafari membership account,transactions,marketing communications and offers.
- Each Promotion is governed by its respective terms and conditions. Safari Hypermarket and its Partners will provide these terms and conditions, or details of where you can find them, when they inform you of the promotion. The terms and conditions of any promotion take precedence over any other statement in these Terms and Conditions.
Your Personal Data and security of your Account
- Safari Hypermarket will not be liable for any kind of loss or damage, including (without limitation) any loss or reduction in a Member’s advantages and any detriment or disadvantage, resulting from any alteration to or termination of mySafari Club, the right to earn or redeem mySafari Points.
Termination of Membership
- Safari Hypermarket is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. By becoming a Member, you agree that the mySafari Club may process and disclose your Data in the performance of these Terms and Conditions. By "Personal Data" we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal Data will be processed for the purposes of enrolling you into mySafari Club, administering the mySafari Club and providing you, Family Members, Guests or other persons you nominate with the benefits of awards. We collect and process Personal Data from you as a Main Member in accordance with our privacy notice.
We may collect and receive personal data directly from you or your authorized representative(s).We may also collect personal data when you,
- Enroll yourself into the mySafari Club and while you are a Member to provide you with applicable benefits.
- Register, create or modify an Account;
- Use safarihypermarket.com, mySafaricard.com and the website or loyalty programs of the partners of the mySafari club.
- Communicate with us such as by email, telephone, in writing or through our Helpdesk.
- Enter promotions; or
- You choose to complete surveys and/or voluntarily provide information by other means.
When you disclose Personal Data on behalf of another person, you will ensure that the individual who’s Personal Data is supplied to Safari Hypermarket has authorized the disclosure, is informed of and consents to processing of their Personal Data.
- Before Safari Hypermarket discloses any of your Personal Data to you, you may be asked security questions which may require you to confirm your identity by providing information held by Safari Hypermarket about you.
- You are responsible for the security of your Account and Safari Hypermarket shall have no liability in the event that you disclose your logon and/or password, whether intentionally or not, so as to allow a third person online access to your Personal Data and to make any transactions. Safari Hypermarket reserves the right to block online access to your personal data.
- You are responsible for keeping your contact details and other profile information up to date. Safari Hypermarket is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to notify a change in mobile no. or other changes to your Personal Data.
- You irrevocably waive any claim against Safari Hypermarket with respect to third party websites and products and services which they may offer. Safari Hypermarket is not liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused in connection with your access or use of any third party websites or other services, or your reliance on the privacy practices, data security processes or other policies of third parties.
Termination of membership does not relieve the Member of any continuing obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
Safari Hypermarket may suspend or terminate your membership at any time with immediate effect if:
You are involved in, or Safari Hypermarket reasonably suspects that you are involved in, a fraudulent, irregular, dishonest or suspicious Transaction in connection with your Account, or the Account of another Member.
- Altering documents to accrue mySafari Points and any kind of Benefits;
- Knowingly supplying incorrect information to accrue mySafari Points and any Benefits;
- Attempting to procure or avail mySafari Points or Benefits for transaction which you or, if applicable, another person(s) have not done or for which you are not eligible.
Safari Hypermarket considers that your behavior or actions constitute misconduct. Examples include (without limitation):
- Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions by mySafari member.
- Misuse of Benefits of mySafari Points or benefit by member.
In the event of suspension or termination of your membership, Because of those reasons or any other reasons, Safari Hypermarket will write to inform you. Safari Hypermarket may cancel all accrued and accruing mySafari Points,
- Safari Hypermarket may in its sole and absolute discretion end the mySafari Club for any reason at any time but will use reasonable endeavors to give at least three (3) months’ notice to you. At the end of this notice period, your right to use any accrued mySafari Points, will cease.
- Upon the death of a Main Member, the deceased Main Member’s mySafari Points may, at Safari Hypermarket’ discretion, be transferred to another Member upon provision of appropriate documentation such as a death certificate and proof of beneficiary, within six (6) months of the Member's death. This transfer will not affect the mySafari Points Expiry Date for the transferred mySafari Points and the deceased Main Member’s Account will be closed thereafter.
- In the event of termination of Membership, all data included in your Account will be hidden from all active databases and will be securely archived for a period of fifteen (15) years for legal purposes and in accordance with our retention policies.
Contacting My Safari Club
- Safari Hypermarket does not guarantee that you will be able to use mySafari Points in your Account before they expire. mySafari Points have no monetary value. They cannot be exchanged for cash. All rights of title to and property in mySafari Points remain with Safari Hypermarket at all times and do not pass to you.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, points are not redeemable for cash, refundable or exchangeable.
- Safari Hypermarket reserves the right to amend any mySafari Points redemption levels, as well as the amount of any fees it charges, at any time and without any prior notice.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Qatar.
- Safari Hypermarket and each Member submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Qatar to resolve disputes arising in connection with mySafari Club.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable under the law of any jurisdiction, this shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions under the law of that jurisdiction or any provision of these Terms and Conditions under the law of any other jurisdiction.
If Safari Hypermarket becomes entitled to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions or by law or regulation, no failure to exercise, no delay in exercise and no single or partial exercise of that right or remedy shall:
- Adversely affect that right or remedy;
- Waive it; or
- Prevent any further exercise of it or of any other right or remedy.
If you have any questions, feedback or complaints regarding mySafari Club, please contact our dedicated mySafari Club Customer Care Service Desk or your nearest Safari Hypermarket.
Or follow this link to open contact us page.